Thursday, April 30, 2015

In case you were Wondering, Rhiannon does ring like a bell in the night




I didn’t want to say a word until the surgery was over, but now it’s done. I’ve met with the surgeon who is pleased and hopeful a full recovery is eminent.

“There’s no reason she won’t live a normal life now,” she told me, then smiled and walked out of the consult room like she hadn't just delivered a miracle.

I sobbed. A dam crumbled and sadness pent up for nearly three years of watching my daughter suffer poured out. It was graceful at first and then with abandon.

But not for long before I pulled myself together and went down to postop and found my girl Rhiannon in high spirits true to the last verse of Natalie Merchant's Wonder. Fate finally smiled on her:


And then, for the first time in years she began making concrete plans for the future. They look like this: "Shop for a hot looking dress. Get massage - a Swedish massage. Go see my friends." 


No excuses friends, come get your girl. Take her shopping, go to a movie, get a mani pedi. It's time she started making her way. Time she started living. 


2 comments:

  1. The love you have for Rhiannon is nothing short of inspiring. Thank you for allowing us in to experience even a liitle of your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. You are a pretty amazing example yourself.

      Delete